Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Quality pays when it comes to business Christmas cards

A story from one of my readers:

I got a sample in the mail from one of the business holiday card companies I've been seeing a lot online. Their prices were so low, and money is tight, so I wanted to see what I could get for my money.

Thank goodness for samples! Had I ordered these cards sight unseen, I wouldn't have been able to send them to my clients. Yes, they had a tiny price. But they were also cheaply printed on thin and flimsy paper. They looked like they belonged in a dollar store, instead of in a corporate office!


Clearly, sending out a business holiday card is more than just getting something into the mail. You also have to consider the message your card sends when recipients open the envelope. Before you order, think about:

Paper weight. Thin paper feels cheesy. Is that the message you want to send about your company?

Print quality. Crooked, smeared or bleeding colors make your company Christmas card look cheap. And while you may need inexpensive or affordable business holiday cards, you certainly don't want cheap holiday cards.

Image clarity and appearance. Look for a well designed, attractive image or graphic for your company Christmas cards. Tacky designs send a tacky message about your business.

Unless you're trying to send a tongue in cheek message about the company Christmas card tradition, I'd recommend you deal with a company that knows what quality means. Two of my favorites are listed on the sidebar to your right.

Saving a few cents per card isn't worth the risk of making your company look cheap. Go for the best...your business is too important to do otherwise

0 comments: